This area has much to offer visitors. Apart from being a wonderful place to relax, the North Cornish Coast is a playground for adventure enthusiasts. Examples of local activities are:
- Seven picturesque beaches to visit within 3.5 miles of the chalets
- Miles of beautiful coastal and riverside footpaths to explore, with magnificent views
- Horse riding and pony trekking
- Cycle hire (try cycling the Camel tail from Padstow to Wadebridge, and onto Bodmin if you feel energetic!)
- Surfing and surfing lessons
- Speedboat trips from Padstow harbour
- Lots of great pubs, clubs and bars in nearby Newquay
- Local boat hire and deep sea fishing
There are a range of cafes and restaurants locally, offering everything from wonderful Cornish cream teas to locally caught shellfish............not to mention Cornish Pasties!
Padstow is famous for its abundance of restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets, including Rick Stein's fish restaurant, delicatessen and fish and chip shop. Also open since 2006 is Jamie Oliver's Fifteen restaurant in the nearby Watergate Bay, just a short drive or taxi ride away.
Aside from the celebrity chef establishments, there are a wealth of good quality privately owned restaurants in Padstow and the surrounding area. For up to date reviews of many of the restaurants in Padstow checkout www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g315948-Padstow_Cornwall_England.html.
St Merryn itself has a couple of pubs and eateries, and a great pasty shop!